Thursday, February 7, 2008

There Should Be A "Pants" Rulebook.

I really wanted to avoid this. Seriously, I did. But I can't hold back anymore. And I'm not a catty, fashion-obsessed girl at all (if you know me, you know that). But no more can I remain silent, so I am just going to throw this out there once and for all:

TIGHT, TRANSLUCENT LEGGINGS DO NOT CONSITITUTE PANTS.

Ok...I said it. Now for rantage. Seriously, I don't care how fit you are...wearing skin tight, fat-sucking nylon is NOT flattering. It's even LESS flattering when you wear a t-shirt over this sausage-casing undergarment and call it an outfit. And then there's the Ugg boots...don't even get me started. I went to lunch with my friend Emily last weekend in downtown and the hostess was wearing a white shirt (slightly dressy), over black leggings with heels. End of outfit. Come on, you're at work. It looks like you forgot to put a skirt on or something. Remember being a kid? Leggings were an worn UNDER things...not as a staple of clothing. I can stand no more walking around watching people's excess...baggage, let's say...bounce around. Cuz that's what happens when you wear leggings, people...you may as well be prancing around naked; all your flubbiness on display for the world to mock. So please, spare my retinas. And have some decency. If all else fails, just repeat this simple mantra to yourself: Pants are your friend.

2 comments:

Tasi Alabastro said...

I'm going to swoop in from right field because you don't know who I am but I'm also from San Jose. But all I have to say is, UGG are total CRAP. Thank you for ranting about it for me. You have my gratitude. As for the leggings being worn on the inside, I'm an actor and I see spandex in my future. Lol. Thanks for the laugh Miss.

Bobman said...

Maybe they were celebrating No Pants Day 2k8