Monday, February 4, 2008

Get with the times

I had to buy yet another textbook today...the last, thank God. For this particular waste of money, I had to go off campus to a print shop to buy it. I got there, waited in line, only to find out that this place does not take credit cards. Now, seriously, this is the year 2008. 2008. Cash is pretty damned close to being obscelete...so WHY, oh why, do places still insist on living in the Dark Ages?

Coffee shops, gas stations, convenient stores (or should I say INconvenient) still insist on this "cash-only" crap. I can all but guarantee that if these places were willing to put forth whatever amount it is to install a credit card system, their business would make it back in no time. This is simply because NO ONE CARRIES CASH ANYMORE. To be totally honest, if I didn't work in a place where I made cash tips every week, I would probably never keep cash on me. I can't be the only one who feels this way. Times they are a-changing. So wake up, crazy credit card-less businesses....wake up and smell the plastic.

No comments: